Air Dir Mtg 2017 Fall
This is the annual fall meeting of the southeastern local and state air pollution control agencies with U.S. EPA Region 4 and OAQPS staff.
MEETING LOCATION: Embassy Suites - Centennial Olympic Park, 267 Marietta Street, Atlanta GA 30313.
AGENDA: Detailed agendas will be posted and distributed when drafts have been completed. Below is the general schedule. All times are EDT.
- 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. Tuesday, October 31 - SESARM Board of Directors Meeting - (Salons IV and V).
- 9:00 - 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, October 31 - EPA/State/Local Small Group Meeting - (Salons IV and V).
- 1:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 31 through 12:00 noon Thursday, Nov 2 - (Legacy Ballrooms D, E, and F).
- 4:45 - 5:15 p.m. Tuesday, October 31 - Metro 4 Board of Directors and Membership Meeting - (Salon I).
The general meeting is likely to include, but is not limited to, the followng topics:
- National and regional perspectives on NAAQS standard setting, NAAQS and regional haze implementation, monitoring, modeling, and transport assessments.
- Ambient monitoring TSAs and data quality.
- The future of transportation, mobile sources, and transportation/air quality planning.
- Energy efficiency and beneficial electrification.
- Funding outlook and grant requirements/expectations.
- Enforcement and permitting updates.
- Agency presentations on efficiency and effectiveness initiatives.
- Other topics as identified.
- Deadline: Hotel reservations are suggested by Friday, September 15 in order give adequate time to meet any sleeping room needs not included in the initial room block.
- Room block name: Rooms are being set up under the "Air Directors Meeting Fall 2017" room block for the nights of October 30 and 31 and November 1.
- Room rates: The hotel will offer sleeping rooms at the federal reimbursement rates which have changed significantly for FY 2018. The rate for October 30 and 31 will be $166/night ($197.58 w/taxes). The rate for November 1 will be $148 ($176.68 w/taxes).
- How to make reservations: Call the hotel locally at 404-223-2300 or the national reservations number at 800-362-2779 and ask for the Air Directors Meeting Fall 2017 room block or group code (SES). You may also make reservations online via this link which may require your check-in and check-out dates and the group code (SES) in order to proceed to the meeting page. The meeting page may show a room rate of $160 but this reflects the average rate for the three nights ($166, $166, and $148). If this link does not work for you, we suggest that you make a phone reservation.
REGISTER ON THIS WEB SITE:
- To help us with early planning, please register on this web site by Friday, September 15, if you plan to attend.
- Log into this website. If this is your first visit to the website, you will need to create a personal profile before you can log in and register.
- Click on "Begin Registration" below. In the drop-down box for "This registration is for," click "Myself." Click on "Save Registration." This should complete your registration.
- After successfully completing your registration, you will see a confirmation on the screen. You will also receive an e-mail confirmation that your meeting registration is complete.
- There is no registration fee.
GROUND TRANSPORTATION AND PARKING:
- MARTA from the airport (Option 1): Red Line north towards North Springs or Gold Line north towards Doraville. Exit at Peachtree Center Station and walk approximately 0.5 miles to hotel.
- MARTA from the airport (Option 2): Red Line north towards North Springs or Gold Line north towards Doraville. Transfer at Five Points Station to Blue Line west towards Holmes or Green Line west towards Bankhead. Exit at Phillips Arena/CNN Center Station and walk approximatey 0.4 miles to hotel.
- Taxi from airport: Approximately $30.00 plus tip.
- Valet parking at the hotel is $29.60/day. Other nearby parking options include the Hilton Garden Inn, College Football Hall of Fame, and CNN Parking decks and a few surface lots. Surface lot charges for day parking may be only $10-15 but overnight parking is not allowed.
- Snacks and refreshments will be provided throughout the meeting. All meals are on your own. The hotel offers a Managers Reception (snacks and refreshments) in the lobby area at 5:00 each day.
- Suggested attire is business casual.
- Free wi-fi will be available in meeting rooms and sleeping rooms.
QUESTIONS? Contact Doug Carson at 404-361-4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.