Grants/Planning Mtg 2017
This is the annual Region 4 Grants/Planning meeting of EPA Region 4 and the local and state air pollution control agencies in the Southeast.
LOCATION: Embassy Suites - Centennial Olympic Park, 267 Marietta Street, Atlanta GA 30313.
- Board meetings and Small Group Meeting - Salon I.
- Grants/Planning Meeting - Legacy Ballrooms A and B.
RESERVATIONS FOR OVERNIGHT LODGING:
- Suggested hotel reservation deadline: Friday, April 28.
- Rooms are being held under the "Air Director's Conference" room block for the nights of June 5-7.
- You may reserve your room by clicking the following link: Air Director’s Conference. Enter in your arrival and departure dates and use the group code SES. View the image on the next page for reference.
- Alternatively you may call the Embassy Suites Centennial Olympic Park at 1-800-362-2779 and ask for the group code SES.
- The nightly room rate is $140.00 plus taxes and fees for a total of $167.40 per night.
REGISTER ON THIS WEB SITE:
- Suggested registration deadline: Friday, April 28.
- Log into this website. If this is your first visit to the website, you will need to create a new profile before you can log in and register.
- Click on "Begin Registration" below. In the drop-down box for "This registration is for," click "Myself." Click on "Save Registration." This should complete your registration.
- After successfully completing your registration, you will see a confirmation on the screen. You will also receive an e-mail confirmation that your meeting registration is complete.
- There is no registration fee.
An agenda will be posted as soon as it becomes available. Below is the general schedule:
- 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, June 6 - SESARM Board of Directors Meeting. (Salon I)
- 9:00 a.m. Tuesday, June 6 - Small Group Meeting with 2-3 local agency representatives, state agencies, and EPA staff. (Salon I)
- 1:00 p.m. Tuesday, June 6 - Grants/Planning Meeting begins. (Legacy Ballrooms A and B)
- 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, June 6 - Metro 4 Board of Directors and Membership Meeting begins. (Salon I)
- 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 7 - Grants/Planning Meeting continues all day. (Legacy Ballrooms A and B)
- 8:30 a.m. Thursday, June 8 - Grants/Planning Meeting continues with adjournment at 11:30 a.m. (Legacy Ballrooms A and B)
Likely Grants/Planning Meeting agenda topics include but are not limited to:
- EPA Region 4 APTMD Director report.
- Criteria pollutant NAAQS development update plus implementation discussions.
- Regional haze program expectations and schedule.
- Transport issues and analyses.
- Modeling issues.
- Ambient air monitoring requirements and updates including discussion of Technical Systems Audit Lean Process status.
- Permitting updates.
- Enforcement updates.
- Great Smoky Mountains water quality impairment and air emissions linkages.
- Grants and funding outlook.
- MARTA from airport: Red Line north towards North Springs or Gold Line north towards Doraville. Exit at Peachtree Center Station and walk 0.5 miles to hotel.
- MARTA from airport: Red Line north towards North Springs or Gold Line north towards Doraville. Change at Five Points Station to Blue Line west towards Holmes or Green Line west towards Bankhead. Exit at Phillips Arena/CNN Center Station and walk 0.4 miles to hotel.
- Taxi from airport: Approximately $30.00 plus tip.
- Snacks and refreshments will be served throughout the meeting. All meals are on your own.
- Suggested attire is business casual.
- Free wi-fi in meeting rooms and sleeping rooms.
- Managers reception in the hotel at 5:00 each day.