Monitoring QA Workshop
09/12/2017 - 8:00am to 09/14/2017 - 4:00pm
- Workshop name: Ambient Air Monitoring Quality Assurance Training
- Workshop description: This US EPA training workshop will consist of a combination of lectures, hands-on exercises, and a field visit to a monitoring site. Primary topics will include how to develop quality assurance project plans and standard operating procedures, how to conduct Appendix E siting criteria evaluations, understanding various data review techniques, and how to review lead analytical data.
- Workshop dates/times: 8:30 a.m. September 12 through 4:00 p.m. September 14, 2017. All times are EDT.
- Workshop location: US EPA Science and Ecosystem Support Division Training Room, 980 College Station Road, Athens, Georgia.
- Workshop agenda: A tentative agenda is available below.
- Workshop capacity: 60. See registration instructions below.
- Target audience: Local and state air pollution control agency staff responsible for ambient air monitoring data quality assurance.
- Registration instructions: Please register up to two agency staff by August 15, 2017. Since workshop capacity is limited to 60 attendees, we will notify everyone in mid-August of the total number of registrants and any remaining available seats. Then we will initiate a brief second round of registrations after which, in consultation with EPA and affected agencies, we will make determinations of how many additional staff, if any, from each agency may attend. Be aware that you may need to await further information from us before initiating travel approval packages for additional staff beyond the initial 1-2 registered in the first round.
- Registration fee: There is no registration fee for this workshop.
- Parking information: SESD parking lot - no parking fee.
- Security information: Upon entrance to the location, you will proceed to a security gate where federally-approvable credentials must be presented such as a driver's license or state ID with photo. Firearms are prohibited on federal property including vehicles. You must be accompanied by an EPA staff person in the building at all times.
- Overnight lodging arrangements: No room block is being set up for this workshop at this time. The federal hotel reimbursement rate for Athens is $98. We are aware that the Holiday Inn (706-549-4433) in the north campus/downtown area and the nearby Holiday Inn Express (706-546-8122) will meet or beat the federal rate for mid-September on an individual-call basis. However you may also make arrangements at any other hotel in the area that meets your agency's travel criteria.