Permit Workshop 2017
Purpose: This is a periodic workshop for air pollution control program permit managers and staff from the local and state agencies in EPA's Region 4 as well as EPA staff. Please note that the formal workshop begins at 1:00 p.m. EDT on on May 2. However, there will be an optional local and state agency pre-meeting starting at 9:00 a.m. on May 2. EPA staff should not plan on attending this Tuesday morning session.
Workshop registration: By March 15, please register for the workshop. If you are not logged in, please do so on the left margin of this page. When logged in, proceed to the bottom of this page to "Begin Registration."
Registration fee: None.
Meeting location: Atlanta Federal Center, 3rd Floor, Atlanta-Augusta Room. You will need picture ID to enter the Federal Center. Please view the attached map below for the locations of the Federal Center and the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown.
Overnight rooms: A room block has been set up at the Holiday Inn Express, 111 Cone Street NW. The local and toll-free numbers for reservations are 404-524-7000 and 800-465-4329. Ask for Group Code "EFG" or use this link: Permit Workshop-EPA. Nightly room cost: $161.60 per night ($135 + 16.0% tax and $5.00 city fee). The deadline for hotel reservations is March 31.
Hotel parking fee: $25.00/day. Valet parking is the only option directly serving this hotel.
- From the airport: The MARTA rail system picks up at the airport. Follow the MARTA signs in the baggage claim area. The nearest drop-off station to the Federal Center is Five Points; for the Holiday Inn it is Peachtree Center (N1). Taxi cab fare is approximately $35.00 plus tip.
- From the hotel to the meeting location: The Federal Center is about about an 11 minute walk (0.6 miles) from the hotel. To ride MARTA, take the Red or Gold line south from Peachtree Center to Five Points and follow the exit signs for Forsyth Street. The Federal Center is diagonally to the left on Forsyth Street behind the McDonalds.
- The hotel offers a complimentary hot breakfast each morning.
- Free Wi-Fi is available in the sleeping rooms and in the hotel lobby.
- EPA may be able to provide Wi-Fi access in the Federal Center but this is subject to confirmation.
- Light snacks and refreshments will be available throughout each day of the meeting.
- Recommended attire is business casual.
- EPA will use a Microsoft SharePoint site to give access to handouts and other information for this workshop. EPA will contact the registrants with instructions and links necessary to access the SharePoint site.
Agenda: The current agenda for the workshop may be accessed at "Agenda" below.
Questions: Please direct any questions about the workshop to firstname.lastname@example.org.